This is the first event of its kind.
Free money for startups.
A fresh look for investors, a deeper engagement for fans and a fun time for all.
1. Application is open until February 26, 2015 to all North Texas Startups
2. $2,000 winner-take-all cash prize (gift of Seed Sumo)
3. 5 teams will be invited to a finals event held at:
Fort Work [8th Floor, 211 N Ervay St, DALLAS, TX 75201]
THURSDAY March 5, 2015: 6-9 PM
(part of Dallas Startup Week)
1. Each team will pitch once in three successive rounds of increasing duration:15 seconds, 60 seconds, 240 seconds
2. Each pitch round will be scored as the average of the three highest judges' scores on a scale of 1-10. [Ex: Pitch Score: 9.0, Judge 1 Score: 3.5, Judge 2 Score: 8.0, Judge 3 Score: 9.0, Judge 4 Score: 10.0]
3. The four event judges are: Molly Cain (Tech Wildcatters), Mike Sarimsakci (Alto Tech Fund), Steve Tinkle (Seed Sumo) and Trey Gibson (Spotio)
4. After the final pitch and judge scoring for each team, the audience will be allowed 300 seconds of Q&A
5. The Q&A will then be scored by the audience, accepting votes from the public via Twitter on a scale of 1-10, one vote per user by tweeting with the following format: "@fortwork @seedsumo @startup_handle #DPP 10.0" for 180 seconds
6. Whichever teams scores the highest total between the 3 pitches and Q&A (all four weighted equally) wins the $2,000 cash prize.
ALL ATTENDESS: PLEASE PURCHSE A TICKET VIA EVENTBRITE https://www.eventbrite.com/e/fort-work-presents-dallas-pitch-prize-tickets-15746738920
ALL STARTUP APPLICANTS: PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://oren2.typeform.com/to/QjVtOT